Introduce Yourself

Home Forums General Discussion Introduce Yourself

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tyc00n10
    Keymaster

Say hello to new members, introduce yourself, and share some of your hobbies, besides RCT of course. Let’s get the ball rolling and welcome your fellow tycoon-ers.

unitedvandalism
    Participant

just wanted to say thanks a ton for the giveaway. checked out your site, it seems pretty awesome so far. haven’t played RCT in years, but you’ve piqued my interest into getting into it again.
    ;
    feel free to add me on steam, http://steamcommunity.com/id/unitedvandalism .

VelocityLP
    Participant

I’m this random person who likes Rollercoaster Tycoon. C:

…do I need to say more? :S 😛

Jettomukade
    Participant

Greetings!
    I’m entering the community when its last surviving remnants are fading fast, but I hope my presence can spur a renaissance of the fandom! Thus far, I am on RCTgo, Theme Park Review, coaster-games.org, and now here. The reason I’m not on places like customscenerydepot and shyguysworld or other forums is because new user registration is disabled for several places. You can always find me on Discord, though! (I won’t be including my tag here, for privacy’s sake.)

For the amount of content in this particular database, I’m very surprised to see such little activity on the forums (last post was… how many years ago? nearly five?). As I get into 3D work and stuff, you can count on me to post updates about the pursuit of my dream to one day making a fully-customized, centipede-themed, rideable roller-coaster. (Note: I have many dreams I am pursuing; this is just the most relevant one.)

My nickname (‘Jettomukade’, pronounced “JE-toe-moo-KA-day”) comes from the Japanese word for ‘Roller coaster’ (Jettokōsutā) and the common Japanese word for ‘centipede’ (mukade). The combined meaning interprets to ‘jet centipede.’ The Ōmukade is a yokai (which is kind of like a demon or dangerous spirit) centipede so long and large that its body can encircle entire mountains. In my dreams, it is the most incredible roller-coaster whose thrill level is comparable to being covered in centipedes. It’s fast, it’s scary, and it’s constructed like no coaster ever conceived. But before you can ride it, you must help me design it!
    Step 1: Make it in OpenRCT2.
    Step 2: Make it in RCT3.
    Step 3: Make it in PlanCo.
    Step 4: Make it in NL2.
    Step 5: Make it in 3D-printed miniature.
    Step 6: Program it into a motion simulator.
    Step 7: Sell it or make an actual prototype.

Not likely going to happen, but will be quite an adventure through whatever progress can be made. Currently, I’m on Step 1. I have now successfully installed over 23GB of custom assets to RCT3, and am still adding more. I didn’t test the game a single time while uploading, but have now verified that it is still functional– whether or not it is still fully functional, only time using it will tell.
    Of all the 2000+ assets I have acquired and installed, not a single one is centipede-themed (in more ways than name-only), which is a shame, but there are also no centipede-themed (in more ways than name-only) roller-coasters in real life, currently. Thence, I hope to make the first fully-customized centipede-themed tracked ride in as many iterations as I can manage. If you want in, then you had better secure your harnesses, because this ride will be unforgettable!

Stay wild!
    —Jettomukade, Chilopod and Roller-Coaster Enthusiast, founder of RCT Renaissance Initiative, Arcadium Park Project, and Oumukade: The Ride).
    (With time, I hope all of those names become familiar. For now, they are all works in active progress.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.